Thursday, January 05, 2006

Sharon's health and future

Ariel Sharon is in hospital after a serious stroke. It seems that everything is being organized as he was going to die. The big question now is what will happen with the Israeli politics this year. With his new party Kadima he was proposing disengaging parts of the west bank and east Jerusalem to try to build a peace with Palestine, and he seemed to be the only one that could gather enough political power to do so. Recently he has been the only one able to make moves in a direction that was not against palestinian interests (gaza colonies evacuations), let's hope that this will still be possible without him (I hope his health gets better but I doubt that after serious brain attacks he'll be able to continue doing politics).

1 comment:

fefe said...

In the current state I just wish his suffering won't be long.