Friday, March 09, 2007

Yehiam Fort and Zfad

This week I was still a bit jet-lagged so I ended up waking early and falling asleep early every day. This morning it didn't fail, I was up at 8... on a weekend day. So for once I had a whole weekend day in front of me I decided to go on a tour to Safed (Zfad). I looked up quickly where I could stop on my way and saw that in my previous trips I failed to visit Yehiam fort. The place was very nice as you can see on these pictures so no regrets.




In the end I arrived in Zfad, I guess a little too close to shabat as everything was mostly deserted. I was surprised by the amount of construction and roadwork going on and was wondering if it was resulting from last summer rocket fire (but I was expecting work to be done so I don't know). Anyway I wandered for some time in the quiet streets of the old city from an artist gallery to another.





Later on I stopped on my way back in En Kamounim to buy some cheese, I guess it's my french roots, I can't skip on good cheese. En Kamounim has a farm producing lots of goat and sheep cheese and has a restaurant where you can try all of their cheeses, it is located north west of the sea of Galil on the road to Karmiel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

T'a pas croisé mon père qui est quelque part en Israel en ce moment ?

:P

fefe said...

Non il est un peu trop au sud, mais si il veut se rapprocher je suis tjrs partant pour boire un pot :).

dot said...

Jolies photos ;)

Alejandro Salinger (photos), avec qui on a passe une soiree a discuter chez Afsaneh durant ta visite, est a Tel Aviv pour un mois, si tu veux le contacter: ajsalinger@cs.uwaterloo.ca

Un de ses directeurs de these, Alex Lopez-Ortiz, est la-bas aussi pour le mois, je vous ai presentes l'un a l'autre rapidement dans mon bureau...

Bises!