Sunday, June 28, 2009

Carcassonne

We did a 1 day trip to Carcassonne. The main attraction of the city is its renovated citadel that reminded M all kind of fairy tales: the city actually wasn't like that in the old times but the architect in charge of the renovation decided to build on and improve on the original citadel. The result is a bit too much, but is still gorgeous. Plus I had been there when I was 2 and wanted to see it again and actually remember it this time.

The Citadel, in the middle of the vineyards.


I told you it looked like a fairy tale:


We spent a day going around the castle and stopping to eat a great Cassoulet. This is kind of heavy, but so good that in a week I probably ate at least 3 of them :). I even cooked 2 once back in the US (1 for us and 1 when M's dad visited us).

More pictures here.

No comments: