Thursday, July 07, 2005

Sad day in London

This morning 3 trains and 3 buses blew off in London, 1 day after the celebration of their victory in organizing the 2012 Olympics. The BBC is posting updates as they come. Unfortunately it seems that the casualties are numerous, like the world needed more subway bombs... I'm going to stop the rant here as I could go for hours on how it is bad for everybody, especially the ones who did it...

Edit: Revendication by Al-Qaida in Europe...

2 comments:

dot said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dot said...

I crossed the border around 11pm yesterday, I am now in Rochester, where Mirela is giving a talk.

I learned about the bombs in England in the hotel's lounge :( It will raise more fear in the world, and especially in the US. Now that I think about it, we were probably lucky to cross the border before, othwerwise it might have taken us much longer to cross...

My usual paranoia whispers things about conspirations from governments to raise fear in their own country and be given more powers, but I think that I will just ignore it: I am not convinced and even if I was I wouldn't be able to do anything about it.