I was looking for something good to eat with pasta, and came up with this original recipe. Don't blame me if it doesn't taste good, but I liked it :).
Ingredients (for 4):
-1 big eggplant or 2 small diced in cubes (1 by 2cm)
-1 fresh or dried ginger root grated
-2 green chillies
-3 or 4 coarsely diced pork steaks (I tried with chicken too and it is nice as well)
-10 mushrooms cut in 2 or 4
-6 cloves of garlic finely chopped
-1 big onion chopped
-1 tea spoon rosemary leaves
-3 laurel leaves
-4 table spoons of goat labane (sour cream or curd should work)
-1 bottle of dry white wine
-350g pasta (I love Barilla)
-salt
Fry the eggplants in your favourite wok in oil, add the chillies, onions, rosemary leaves, garlic and ginger to fry as well. Pan grill your meat cubes and add them to the vegetables. Add the laurel and the mushrooms, and pour white wine until it covers the vegetables and meat (or you can do half wine half water). Cook covered under slow fire for 30 minutes. Boil water for your pasta, when you start to cook them, remove the cover from the vegetables and let the sauce reduce. When your pastas are ready, add the labane with the vegetables, stir, add the pastas, stir, remove from fire. You're done.
You are now ready to serve it, drink the rest of the bottle of wine with it and enjoy;). No pictures I already ate all of it.
For my vegetarian friends, I am sure it will taste good even without meat. However the wine gives a really nice taste so it's hard to remove (I need to try with grape juice once :).

No comments:
Post a Comment