Thursday, October 01, 2009

More Chicago Pictures

Our trip to Chicago was the first time I actually brought 2 cameras with me :). Yes I am becoming really impossible but I had plenty of room in my luggage ! Well I can look for excuses, but I really don't need any. I am just having a lot of fun going around taking pictures, especially with obsolete cameras. This round of pictures comes from my early 50's Zeiss folder. It takes a bit more time fiddling with it, I have to reload every 12 pictures, and the "fast" speed of 1/500s appears to not be working anymore: I have had so many blank pictures with it that I am just giving up. Welcome f/22 pictures.

The good thing with film is that it takes a while before seeing the pictures so there is a lot of anticipation when the film finally comes back and I take the time to scan it.

This time it was even worse, my usual lab had been switching building and they had not restarted operating their B&W lab, so there was an additional week of waiting after I dropped the 6 rolls of 120 I had taken. At this occasion I also discovered that I should label my films better, and that color film could actually be developed in B&W chemicals and still produce a decent image... Yeah I kind of wasted a roll by not being careful...

Anyways after cutting the film, putting it on the holders (I must be gauche, it takes me forever to get it right each time), blowing of dust and cat fur, I can scan it and finally enjoy the pictures. Damn cat fur it gets e-very-where !

A few samples for you:

Trump building, downtown Chicago

Navy Pier, on the Lake

Arrrrhhh

Looking towards Canada, Lake Michigan

Feeling like jumping over the river in a cop car ? I can't stop myself from thinking about the Blues Brothers in that place ;).

As usual the rest of the selection is here.

2 comments:

Izard said...

What a magnificient city !

dot said...

(hearing the bassline of blues brothers now ;) )