
Yesterday while in Akko, I made a stop in the souk and baught some food. While buying vegetables I spotted some nice fresh okras (gonbos in french), called bamia or bamié around here. I ate those a few times in restaurants and loved it so I baught a pound to give a try by myself. Wafa gave me a reciepe which happens to be close to the one for "Bamia" found on the web in various places like here or here or on Marmiton.
Wafa's way is slightly different as she deep fries them in oil until almost brown (after cutting the pedoncule and cleaning), and then puts them to cook in a pot with some lamb meat, garlic, comino, husbara (coriander), chopped tomato, oignon, green filfel (chili), tomato concentrate, salt and water. I'll let you figure your proportions from the other reciepes as mine were very rough. She recommanded rice with it as well, I'll tell you how it was tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment